WHAT IS IT?
The fourth generation of the BMW X family patriarch. New BMW X5 opens the next chapter in the success story of the Sports Activity Vehicle segment’s founder, of which more than 2.2 million units have been sold so far. This new edition captures the imagination with clarity of design, comfortable, sporty and authoritative driving attributes and innovative equipment features.
WHEN CAN WE SEE IT?
The vehicle officially launches this month (November 2018).
WHAT IS NEW?
• The new BMW X5 is significantly larger than its predecessor, with optional third-row seats.
• Exterior redesign with powerfully sculpted surfaces and precise lines.
• Interior has a classy and modern aura thanks to sophisticated materials, harmonious design and an innovative control concept.
• New options provide the interior with exceptional creature comforts: multifunction seats with massage function, four-zone automatic climate control and heated armrests.
• The BMW X5 has four different engine options to choose from.
• BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive with new, more efficient control system and optional rear-wheel steering.
• Optional Off-Road package including: two-axle air suspension, underguard at the front and rear, plus specific displays in the instrument cluster and Control Display. Choice of four driving modes available at the touch of a button to give an optimum set-up for driving on sand, rock, gravel or snow. Video images of each wheel appear on the infotainment screen, handy if you are driving near steep ledges, large rocks or tree roots.
• New options include heated and cooled cupholders in centre console and laser headlights.
• New BMW Live Cockpit Professional display features content that can be personalised, meaning the control concept is focused more than ever on the driver.
• Innovative suite of driver assistance systems takes another step towards automated driving and includes further developed Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Steering and Lane Control Assistant, Lane Change Warning and Lane Departure Warning, Side Collision Protection and more.
• Connectivity options include Microsoft Office 365, and the possibility of using your smartphone as car key.
The new plug-in hybrid combines an in-line six-cylinder petrol engine with the very latest BMW eDrive technology. It sprints from zero to 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds and can be driven purely by electric power for up to 80 kilometres, with the CO2 emissions figure now at 49 grams per kilometre.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BMW AND MINI RANGE, PLEASE CALL THE BMW GROUP DIPLOMATIC SALES TEAM ON 020 7514 3555, OR POP INTO THE SHOWROOM LOCATED AT 56 PARK LANE IN MAYFAIR.